Today’s the day!! I’ve officially been alive for a quarter of a century! This year is different than the others because I have ABSOLUTELY NO PLANS. I have nowhere I need to be, no job I’m tied down to, no significant other or schooling or ANYTHING keeping me in one place. So you know what? I’m going to go to whatever place I feel like!! Crazy, right?! That we live in a day and age where working from anywhere is an option?? I’m not complaining, that’s for sure.
SO. Because my year is wide open, I want to fill it with some goals!! Anybody else find it hard to accomplish anything if there isn’t a goal to work towards? Here are 25 of mine! 🙂
1. BE THANKFUL. I know that sounds cliché, but it’s something I really want to work on! God’s given me so much, I don’t thank Him nearly as often as I should.
2. Do Whole30 at least twice – without going crazy in between!!
3. Go on more road trips. America is beautiful – I’ve just gotta get out and explore it!
4. Get at least the basics of the Italian language down PAT. I’ve used DuoLingo sporadically over the past couple of years and actually know a decent amount, but I need consistency, people.
5. Train for and run a half marathon. If you know me, you know that running is probably my LEAST favorite thing to do. But I want to love it, and I think this will be a good way to push myself until I do!!
6. Zipline in Hawaii!! I haven’t officially announced it yet, but I’m buying my plane tickets to Hawaii sometime this week! A friend of mine invited me to go this December and after trying for a few weeks to come up with reasons why I shouldn’t, I said OKAY. LET’S DO THIS. Why specifically zip lining, you ask? BECAUSE IT TERRIFIES ME. But I’m tired of living life inside the box I’ve always put myself in!
7. Develop a better habit of regularly studying God’s Word. I will be the first person to admit I don’t read my Bible near as often as I should. And I’m tired of it! Starting today, that changes.
8. Plan or go on at least one trip to a different country (preferably the UK!).
9. GET SOME STRONG ARMS. I’M TELLING YOU, I WANNA ARM WRESTLE THE ROCK AND GRIND HIM INTO DUST. Okay, that might taking it a little far. But I’ve had strong legs my whole life and basically no upper body strength! How about be able to do a pull up? Do we think that’s a realistic goal??
10. Practice until I can make a perfect macaron! I’ve made a few that tasted good, but they weren’t pretty. I wanna be able to make them so I can have them anytime I want without having to spend 5 billion dollars!!
11. Create some travel vlogs! That’s something I’ve been wanting to do for a while, so why not start this year?
12. Work harder at putting myself out there performing-wise. I’m my own worst critic, which is why my YouTube videos are few and far between. I don’t ever feel like anything I record is good enough to actually share with anyone else! But that’s not cool, which leads me to my next goal…
13. STOP BEING SO CRITICAL OF MYSELF. I know this is something just about everyone struggles with, and that’s just ridiculous! We were made in God’s image. He created us, and it’s not okay that we spend our lives picking apart every aspect ourselves because that’s what society has conditioned us to do!
14. Finish my novel. I’ve put it on the back burner for the past several months, but I’m itching to get back to writing and share with everyone!
15. Discover the perfect dry shampoo that doesn’t make my hair feel residue-y after I use it.
16. Visit at least 5 states I’ve never stepped foot in before.
17. Go to Disneyland while it’s decorated for Christmas! (Hehe. This one’s definitely happening on the way to Hawaii.)
18. Pay off all my debt and get serious about saving! Other than my student loans hahahahahahahaha I will pay them until I die. Or until I turn 40. Whichever comes first I guess.
19. Read at least 2 books a month. I LOVE reading, I’m just terrible at making time for it! But that should be easier when I…
20. Give up Netflix/Hulu, etc. for a WHOLE MONTH. Insane, I know. Who even am I? A robot? An alien? No one can be certain. But I wanna see what I can accomplish when I’m not living life on my bed with seven chins while watching The Office for the 14th time.
21. Start pitching myself to brands until one of them says “yes.” It’s a scary thing, putting yourself out there like that! But if I always do what I’ve always done, I’ll always get what I’ve always gotten.
22. Have the ULTIMATE Harry Potter weekend. I’m talking an all 8 movies marathon, complete with every magical snack from the movies/books I can conjure up. Harry Potter pjs. Harry Potter Scene It. Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit. (yes I own multiples of both) AND MORE.
23. Play my guitar more!! I’m terrible about just playing my ukulele because it’s easier, but for Pete’s sake. If 13 year old TSwift can do it, surely I can.
24. Share my love for The Lord unapologetically. I feel that sometimes “Christians” can seem pushy or fake with their faith, especially when they have a larger platform. But I think I’ve maybe leaned too far the other direction and shied away from seeming “too religious” or “self-righteous” or something like that. I’m ready to tell people just how much I love Jesus and not be afraid of what they think! Who’s with me?!
25. Stay true to myself. Once again, I know, soooo cliche. But I’ve been in the blogging world for a few months now, and I see how easy it is to do things just because “that’s what all the bloggers are doing.” It’s alluring to say, “They’re super successful, so I’ll just do what they do.” But that’s not what this is about!! I want to be the person that says “I may be the only person that does things this way, but darn it if I’m not gonna do things this way AND BLOW YOUR MIND.”
Here’s to the next 365 days, my friends! I hope yours are chock full of accomplishments and successes!! 😀